Blogger: Ava Martinez
Hey everyone! Since this is my first post of 2013, I thought I'd compile 13 updates, announcements, and photographs for you all.
1. Congrats to all the high school seniors on submitting your applications (or, at least your application to Oxy)!
2. Although many of my peers have been enjoying LA's January weather, which is warmer than most, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the rain and "cold" after spending the last month in Ghana.
3. Speaking of Ghana, I was super excited to find Obama biscuits while I was there and bought a crazy amount of them to bring back to the US. I'm snacking on some as I write this.
4. On another Ghana-related note, my friend Meshak wanted me to send his greetings to you all (see image below).
5. Needless to say, I'm missing him and all the other kids from the orphanage quite a lot.
6. Now that I'm back, it almost feels like I was never gone. It didn't take long for me to settle back into my normal routine of classes, reading, and homework. I can't believe we aren't even a week into classes for this semester yet!
7. That said, I'm very happy to be back at Oxy, and am loving all my classes so far. This semester, I'm taking ARTH 287 (History of Photography), ARTH 378 (Art of the Northern Renaissance), ARTH 387 (20th Century Art), ARTS 216 (Lithography), and ARTS 328 (The Handprinted Book).
8. If you're having a rough day, this video will likely improve it.
9. On a more serious note, everyone who hasn't already should go watch Professor Heldman's TED talk.
10. I have yet to lose my ID this semester, so I'm off to a pretty decent start (this is my fourth semester at Oxy and I'm on ID #7, whoops.)
11. Between MLK day of service and free admissions to LA museums, this coming weekend is shaping up to be an exciting one.
12. In other, somewhat local news, the Coachella lineup was just released(!!!!)
13. It is much harder to come up with 13 things to say than I thought!