Final days of high school tips
Hi everyone! First of all, big congratulations to everyone who got accepted to Oxy! :) Around this time last year, I was nervously awaited for college decisions to come out. I remember I kept on checking my e-mail/mail box every 10 minutes or so for the decisions! Since it's almost the end of school, I decided to share some tips/advices for your final days as high school seniors, hopefully they will be helpful!
- Don't slack off! I guess this would be the most frequently given piece of advice from every teacher and counselor. Even though there are only a few weeks left of high school, you should still work hard. Don't forget that second semester grades are important to Oxy, too!
- Thank your teachers. They have provided you with plenty of knowledge and helped you throughout high school. Get your teachers' e-mails so you can keep in touch with them and tell them how you're doing in college!
- Spend as much time as possible with your family. You will miss them a lot in college, and of course, they will miss you a lot as well.
- Spend time with your friends. Especially your good friends who will attend different colleges. At college, you will make new friends, but don't forget to keep in touch with your old friends and maintain those important friendships! Planning a high school reunion for sometime next year would be a great idea if you have time!
- Finally, enjoy your final days as high school seniors! The upcoming days will pass quickly. Take lots of photos with family, friends, teachers, or even simply of your hometown; you're going to miss them. Just don't forget to work hard as well... and be super excited for college! :)
My English teacher read this poem calls Wear Sunscreen by Mary Schmich to us on our last day as high school students and I found the piece interesting and meaningful. Since the text is quite lengthy (and my entry is already long enough), I will only post the link here. http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/mary-schmich.html. Hope you enjoy! - Hue