The CSS PROFILE allows us to review your eligibility for Oxy need-based scholarships, loans, and work programs.
We use the CSS PROFILE to see which students need help paying for college and how much Oxy aid can be awarded in scholarships, grants, work programs, and student loans. Occidental meets the full demonstrated need of all on-time applicants.
CSS PROFILE Costs
The CSS PROFILE requires a credit card to pay the registration fee. Fee waivers are available for low-income students. The fee waiver covers the costs of the registration fee and up to eight school reports for eligible applicants who are first-time, first-year filers.
Occidental College does not provide a fee waiver or a fee waiver code for the CSS PROFILE. Eligibility for a fee waiver is automatically assessed by the College Board at the time you submit the CSS PROFILE.
What you Need to Know
The CSS PROFILE is only available online. Be sure we get your application— add Oxy as a school recipient, our CSS code is #4581.
We encourage you to use your best estimates when answering the questions on the CSS PROFILE. Do not miss the deadline for this application because you are waiting to file your or your parent(s) federal tax returns.
Before you begin your CSS PROFILE application, you may want to gather some useful documents to assist you:
- Student and parent(s) Social Security cards
- Student and Parent(s) prior year federal tax returns and W-2(s)
- Parent(s) prior year corporate tax return(s)
- Bank statements and other investment records
Avoid Common Errors
- Double check that essential information is entered correctly (social security numbers, date of birth, name as it appears on a social security card).
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability. If you do not understand what a question is asking, contact the College Board helpline at (305) 829-9793.
- Estimate income questions to the best of your ability. It is useful to reference prior year tax returns to answer many of the income questions on the CSS PROFILE.
- Visit the CSS PROFILE's tutorial at css.collegeboard.org
Noncustodial Parent Requirement
If your parents are divorced, separated, or never married, you will be required to complete a Noncustodial PROFILE.
After you submit your CSS PROFILE, the College Board will ask you, via e-mail, to provide information to your noncustodial parent about the Noncustodial PROFILE requirement. You should forward this e-mail to your noncustodial parent. This e-mail contains a link to the Noncustodial PROFILE website where the noncustodial parent must log-in.
If you do not have contact with your noncustodial parent, you may request a waiver for this requirement. The Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Request for 16-17 will be available by November 16th.
Incoming students who do not complete the CSS PROFILE application (or Noncustodial PROFILE, if application) by the deadline may not be considered for Occidental need-based scholarships, work awards, or loan funds. Late applicants are awarded on a first come, first serve basis, while funds are available.
- Mailing Address:
Financial Aid Office
1600 Campus Road F-35
Los Angeles, CA 90041-3314
Arthur G. Coons
- Phone: (323) 259-2548
- Fax: (323) 341-4961
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org